Sunday, February 21, 2010

Guest Spots: "I Betcha Dat (Remix)"


Vicious f/ Pimp C - "I Betcha Dat (Remix)" | zShare
from Am I My Brother's Keeper (1008 Grams, 2008)

Here's another Vicious track that features a Pimp C verse. It appears on Vicious' street album Am I Brother's Keeper that he did with his brother (I'm guessing) Husaholic. It's not really a mixtape though, so don't get it twisted—there's no drops or freestyles on it, just regularly produced tracks and features. I think "I Betcha Dat (Remix)" was one of the first tracks to come out after Pimp's death, and the verse he laid down for it just illustrates what the rap game lost when he died.

X-Mob f/ Pimp C - "Mob or Die" | zShare
X-Mob f/ Pimp C - "Good Times" | zShare
from Paper Chasing (Par-Le, 1997)

…and to round out Pimp's work with X-Mob, here are two joints that were on their 1997 album Paper Chasing, which was also their last one as a group. Pimp isn't dropping verses on either, but he does sing the hooks. I'm not sure if he produced them or not, but they definitely sound like Pimp productions.

2 comments:

Bantom said...

mob life.. file not found

Percy Mack said...

Thanks. Just re-upped it.

Post a Comment