Saturday, February 20, 2010

Guest Spots: "Bitch N*gga (O.G. Version)"


E600 f/ Pimp C - "Bitch N*gga" | zShare
from Texas Boys soundtrack (One Tyme, 2002)

I'm guessing that this is the original version of the "Bitch N*gga" track that later appeared on Sambow's debut album. It was a part of a 2002 soundtrack that One Tyme Entertainment put out for some movie called Texas Boys. I've never seen the movie myself (or heard of it until now), but according to this article, it was based around Sambow's life growing up in Texas or something.

On this version of "Bitch N*gga," the beat by D.L.P. remains the same, but Pimp is rapping with some dude named E600 instead of Sambow and Platinum Tonge. E600 is a part of the Texas Boys family, which includes Sambow, along with Lil' Kano, Spitfire, C3, Dirtt, and a few other people. Pimp is also featured on a short skit before the track, but it's nothing special: he's just doing his usual shit-talking thing, but only as Pimp could.

Props to reader Erik Russell for pointing me in the right direction with this album. I didn't even think it existed until he shot me an e-mail with a link to its page on allmusic.com. Good lookin' out.

1 comment:

scjoha said...

Thanks for this. I simply love original versions of already known tracks.
I'm listening almost exclusively to UGK for the last two weeks, thanks to your good work here.

Post a Comment