Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Unreleased: 4 Life O.G.s


UGK - "She Luv It (O.G. Version)" | zShare
UGK f/ Raheem DeVaughn - "Still on Tha Grind (O.G. Version)" | zShare
technically from 4 Life, otherwise unreleased (RCA/Jive, 2009)

I tend to shy away from posting newer UGK material, as I prefer to focus on the older, more obscure stuff. But since these original versions of two joints from 4 Life have been making the rounds recently, I figured I might as well post them; after all, I've already posted the original track that was used to make the album's two interludes.

Both tracks have quite the different sound from their album versions, which mostly come down to sample differences—which is a recurring theme with the release of most of UGK's music, unfortunately. The effect of changing a song's sample is especially evident with "She Luv It"; the album incarnation just doesn't have the same punch when compared to the original.

Props again to BLVD ST. for posting these tracks.

[UPDATE: Added a higher quality (320 kBit/s) version of "Still on Tha Grind."]

2 comments:

Tim said...

There is a version of "She Luv It" that was released in 2007 (before Pimp's death) that was featured as a Bonus Track on artist XVII's album "Certified". It uses the same beat as the OG you posted. It has Pimp on the 1st verse and hook then a verse from XVII and Cory Mo. Cory Mo is listed as the producer on both versions.

Percy Mack said...

Yeah, I got that track kicking around somewhere. I had forgotten about it. I'll be sure to post it some time. Maybe I'll post it along with the remix w/ Slim Thug and Killa Kyleon.

Post a Comment