Sunday, August 30, 2009

Unreleased: "The Southern Sound"


UGK - "The Southern Sound"
technically from 4 Life, otherwise unreleased (N/A, 1995/96?)

"The Southern Sound" was used to create the "7th St." and "Texas Ave." interludes that are on 4 Life. It was making the rounds through the blogs a while back (I originally copped it off of BLVD ST.), but I figured I might as well post it. It's unreleased UGK, after all.

This track contains the original sample that was removed/changed for the album, as well as a completely different Bun B verse. If I had to guess, I would say that this is an unfinished song that was chopped up into those interludes and tweaked slightly for the album, but I can't be sure. Shit is still tight, regardless.

[UPDATE: Apparently, this track was recorded during the Ridin' Dirty sessions, so it could be grouped together with all the other leftovers from that album: "My Bitch," "You Don't Know Me," "Family Affair," and "Hiside."]

No comments:

Post a Comment