Sunday, August 30, 2009

Guest Spots: "Pimp Walk"


Big Blac f/ Pimp C - "Pimp Walk"
from Pimp Walk promotional 12" single (Tony Mercedes, 2000)

One more post today, and this one is pretty obscure and rare. Big Blac released an album in 1995 called Strikkly 4 Da O.G. Hustlers through Nationwide Records. Google fails me at the moment, so I dunno how active she's been since. "Pimp Walk" looks like a promotional single for her sophomore (?) album, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere, much less a title, so it looks like it got shelved and the 12" seems to be the only evidence of it. Still, it has a Pimp C guest feature, and that's all that counts.

Apologies in advance, but I don't have access to the 12" myself (and even if I did, I lack the right equipment to rip it… one day, maybe) so all I have is this fairly low quality 128 kBit/s rip. Still, shouts to the homie Methlab on SoulSeek; he's the dude I got this from.

1 comment:

Jarmo said...

Big Blac was in a memphis based group called Gimisum Family.
They have released at least to albums, Da Hoodway pt.1 (1994) and Da Hoodway pt.2 (1996).
Kingpin Skinny Pimp was also associated with them.
Pt.2 also featured Big Boss and Klas-1 from Houston's 4 Deep.

Post a Comment